Waldron, Michigan

County Info
Related Links
Event Calendar
Real Estate MLS
Lodging Reservations
Snowmobile Trail Report

Michigan Pages
Michigan Counties
Michigan Townships
Michigan Cities

InfoMI Services
Contact Us
Get Listed

Great Lodging Rates
Hotel City Search:

Waldron, Michigan


Waldron, Michigan

Waldron, Michigan

Photos courtesy of:
Ken Huisjen

Waldron is located in southeastern Hillsdale County, about two miles from the Ohio State line.

Waldron was first established by Russell Coman, who, in 1835, moved here from New York State. In 1837, it was registered as Coman, but through a mistake, it came out as Canaan. Subsequently, it was renamed South Wright, after its location in the township. In 1877, the town was officially platted, being renamed after Henry Waldron, who represented the district in Congress at that time. It eventually was incorporated as a village in 1905.

Today, Waldron remains a small agricultural community, also supported by a few stores and small businesses in the area.

Waldron, Michigan

If you have any comments or suggestions, please take a minute to write using our contact form.

Back to InfoMI Main Page.

See Our RATES For Listing is not affiliated with external sites and is not responsible for their content.
Copyright © 2003