Tekonsha, Michigan

City Weather
County Info
City Government
Related Links
Business Directory
Church Directory
Organization Directory
Recreational Directory
Event Calendar
Real Estate MLS
Lodging Reservations
Snowmobile Trail Report

Michigan Pages
Michigan Cities

Michigan Counties
Michigan Townships

InfoMI Services
Contact Us
Get Listed

Great Lodging Rates
Hotel City Search:


Tekonsha, Michigan


Tekonsha, Michigan In 1832, Darius Pierce located land here. He sold it to Timothy Kimball who built a log house and became the first actual settler in 1833. In 1836, the village was platted by 3 gentlemen Charles D. Smith, Harris C. Goodrich and Cornelius Wendell in 1836. Mr. Goodrich became the first postmaster of Wirt on February 15, 1836. On June 17, 1836 the office was renamed Tekonsha for a local Pottawattomi Chief, Tekon-qua-sha. It was given a station when the Michigan Central Railroad came through in 1871. Later in 1877, this town was incorporated as a village.

If you have comments or suggestions, please take a minute to write to the InfoMI Help Desk.

Back to InfoMI Main Page.

InfoMI.com is not affiliated with this municipality or any external sites and is not responsible for their content.
Copyright © InfoMI.com 1999-2004