Huntington Woods, Michigan

City Weather
County Info
City Government
Related Links
Business Directory
Church Directory
Organization Directory
Recreational Directory
Event Calendar
Real Estate MLS
Lodging Reservations
Snowmobile Trail Report

Michigan Pages
Michigan Cities

Michigan Counties
Michigan Townships

InfoMI Services
Contact Us
Get Listed

Great Lodging Rates
Hotel City Search:

Huntington Woods, Michigan


Huntington Woods, MichiganJ. Lockwood, a War of 1812 veteran, received the first land grant here, signed by President James Monroe, in 1824. The area comprised some nine farms until 1916 when Fred Remole, owner, platted and recorded a part of the site as Banks Park. Other parts were the subdivisions of Huntington Woods, Manor, Bronx, and Huntington Park, and the unplatted fifty-acre tract called Hannan's West.

They were a part of Royal Oak Township until incorporated as Village of Huntington Woods in 1926. It was later incorporated as a city in 1932.

If you have comments or suggestions, please take a minute to write to the InfoMI Help Desk.

Back to InfoMI Main Page. is not affiliated with any external sites and is not responsible for their content.
Copyright © 2004