Gibraltar, Michigan

City Weather
County Info
City Government
Related Links
Business Directory
Church Directory
Organization Directory
Recreational Directory
Event Calendar
Real Estate MLS
Lodging Reservations
Snowmobile Trail Report

Michigan Pages
Michigan Cities

Michigan Counties
Michigan Townships

InfoMI Services
Contact Us
Get Listed

Great Lodging Rates
Hotel City Search:

Gibraltar, Michigan


Gibraltar, Michigan

This land was first settled, by Peter Godfroy, Benjamin B. Kerchival and Joshua Howard, trustees of the Gibralter & Flat Rock Company in 1811, it was platted and recorded on March 14, 1837. On October 2, 1837 Amos Dunbar became the first postmaster of Gibralter on October 2, 1837. The office was renamed Woodbury on December 8, 1838, but was changed back to Gibralter on May 13, 1839, with the spelling changed to Gibraltar on December 19, 1900. It remained that way until the office was closed on January 31, 1910. The village didn't prosper until it was revived by the suburban boom.

It was incorporated as a village in 1954, and as a city in 1961.

If you have comments or suggestions, please take a minute to write to the InfoMI Help Desk.

Back to InfoMI Main Page. is not affiliated with any external sites and is not responsible for their content.
Copyright © 2004