Gaines, Michigan

City Weather
County Info
City Government
Related Links
Business Directory
Church Directory
Organization Directory
Recreational Directory
Event Calendar
Real Estate MLS
Lodging Reservations
Snowmobile Trail Report

Michigan Pages
Michigan Cities

Michigan Counties
Michigan Townships

InfoMI Services
Contact Us
Get Listed

Great Lodging Rates
Hotel City Search:


InfoMI.com

Gaines, Michigan

48436


Gaines, Michigan

Gaines, Michigan

Photos courtesy of:
Ken Huisjen
Gaines is located on Genesee County’s eastern border to the south. This is a small rural town that has survived the years through support from the successful farming community surrounding it, along with its proximity to Flint, approximately ten miles to the northeast. A notable landmark here is the Victorian style brick depot at the center of town, the first building built here in 1856, when the Detroit & Milwaukee Railroad came through.

The town was originally settled in 1836 by Hartford Cargill and named after a General E. P. Gaines, a friend of a local resident. Known for awhile as Gaines Station and later as Covert, it was finally organized as the village of Gaines in 1902.

Gaines, Michigan


If you have comments or suggestions, please take a minute to write to the InfoMI Help Desk.

Back to InfoMI Main Page.



InfoMI.com is not affiliated with any external sites and is not responsible for their content.
Copyright © InfoMI.com 2004