Real Estate MLS
Snowmobile Trail Report
|The village was founded in 1857 by Alex Fraser and was given a post office on June 14, 1860. Fraser and Leonard Scott were the first postmasters. The office was closed on September 13, 1860. It was later restored (September 22, 1860), with Mr. Scott again its postmaster.|
For the pioneer settler William McPherson, the post office was renamed McPhersonville, on October 15, 1860 and changed back to Fraser on January 13, 1863. When the Grand Trunk Railroad came through a quarter of a mile from the post office in 1865, its station was named Fraser.
This village was incorporated as the village of Fraser in 1895, the name was legally changed to Fraser in 1928, and Fraser was incorporated as a city in 1956.
Photo Courtesy RMLS
If you have comments or suggestions, please take a minute to write to the InfoMI Help Desk.
InfoMI.com is not affiliated with any external sites and is not responsible for their content.
Copyright © InfoMI.com 1999-2004