Franklin, Michigan

City Weather
County Info
City Government
Related Links
Business Directory
Church Directory
Organization Directory
Recreational Directory
Event Calendar
Real Estate MLS
Lodging Reservations
Snowmobile Trail Report

Michigan Pages
Michigan Cities

Michigan Counties
Michigan Townships

InfoMI Services
Contact Us
Get Listed

Great Lodging Rates
Hotel City Search:

Franklin, Michigan


Franklin Village, MichiganThe land on the East Side of the site was bought by Dilucena Stoughton in 1824 and on the West Side by Elijah Bullock in 1825. It became known as the Stoughton Bullock Settlement. It was renamed by Dr. Ebenezer Raynale when he was made the first postmaster on September 19, 1828, and since he and his bride came from Pennsylvania, it was evidently named for Benjamin Franklin.

Franklin was incorporated as a village in 1953.

If you have comments or suggestions,
please take a minute to write to the Government Help Desk.

Back to InfoMI Main Page. is not affiliated with any external sites and is not responsible for their content.
Copyright © 1999-2004