Advertise with us
Real Estate MLS
Photos courtesy of:
|Essexville is in eastern Bay City, located along the Saginaw River. Its economy is supported by various industries including concrete and machine tools, as well as its location to Bay City. It also has a Coast Guard station and a marina. |
Essexville was first settled by Ransom P. Essex in 1850. He registered the plat under the name of Essex in 1867. Settlers around the area, however, referred to it as Essexville, and a post office by that name was opened in 1871. Historically, the town was noted for being the leading producer and processor of sugar beets, which were grown in huge quantities in the area. It was incorporated as a village in 1883, and later as a city in 1934.
If you have any comments or suggestions, please take a minute to write using our contact form.
InfoMI.com is not affiliated with external sites and is not responsible for their content.
Copyright © InfoMI.com 1999-2006